About the Role
At the Old Grammar School Dental Surgery, our dental nurses are at the heart of our practice welcoming our patients and supporting our dentists and the rest of the team in their work. Some patients will be there for a check-up while others will have more complicated treatment. Our nurses need to reassure patients and put them at ease while working together as a team in all aspects of patient care.
On a daily basis our nurses:
• greet and escort our patients to see the dentist
• work closely with the dentist, responding quickly to requests and generally keeping the surgery ready for use take responsibility for the decontamination of instruments.
• maintain dental operating equipment
• ensure that all relevant materials and supplies are in place and comply to the high level of cleanliness required for infection control
• look after patient records – including making notes when the dentist is examining a patient
Qualified in Dental Nursing through an accredited study programme.
Minimum 2 years chair-side work experience.
Knowledge of dental terminology, procedures and instruments.
Proficience in medical coding and documentation.
Strong attention to detail.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Proven ability to work well in a team environment.
Familiarity with dental software systems.
About the Company
We are a family-focused, friendly and independent dental practice in central St Ives who pride ourselves in offering the kind of dental care that we would expect for ourselves.